Dive into fall with these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip quinoa cookies! straightforward to create, jam-choked with healthy ingredients, and choked with heat season spices and mini chocolate chips. they are the last word fall treat!
The start of those cookies could not be simpler: we're simply grinding up some gluten-free oats and turning them into a flour. therefore we have our gluten-free oats…but then what? Friends, I swear it is so straightforward. simply quinoa flakes, coconut sugar, spices, salt and sodium bicarbonate. Dry ingredients done.
What i really like concerning oat flour is what quantity wet it brings to recipes. not like alternative grain flours, oat flour tends to be a small amount a lot of coarse, particularly if you are making it reception. And since it is so coarse, it does not create the food dry out the maximum amount.
The quinoa flakes add an analogous texture, however since they are rolled a lot of thinly, they find yourself engrossing a number of the wet in order that the cookies are not a soggy mess. And if you do not have quinoa flakes, no problem! you'll simply swap them out for fast cookery oats, that you'll realize certified gluten-free from Bob's.
I'm a lot of of a mini cookie form of person, therefore I went with mini chocolate chips here, however if you wish to create them larger, feel free. I similar to have the maximum amount chocolate as doable, and since the chips square measure mini, there is a lot of of them and they are a lot of equally distributed across all the cookies.
Hope you enjoy them!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 flaxseed eggs or regular eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment as set aside.
- Add oats to a blender and grind on high until fine; the texture of flour.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups oat flour and add to a large mixing bowl along with quinoa flakes, sugar, spices, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together pumpkin, eggs, syrup and vanilla if using. Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with your hands, then bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown, but still soft.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Recipe From : SImply Quinoa